Terms of Service
Last Updated: February 26, 2013
Welcome to FindnSave, which is made available by FindnSave, Inc. ("FindnSave"). Please read these Terms of Service (the "Terms") carefully because they govern your use of our website located at findnsave.com (the "Site") and our shopping-related services which you can access via our Site, the FindnSave-branded sections of third party websites on which our services are featured and our mobile device application ("App").
PLEASE NOTE THAT WHEN YOU ACCESS THE SERVICES VIA THE FINDNSAVE-BRANDED SECTION OF A THIRD PARTY WEBSITE, THESE TERMS ONLY GOVERN YOUR USE OF THAT FINDNSAVE–BRANDED SECTION AND NOT THE THIRD PARTY WEBSITE. ADDITIONAL THIRD PARTY TERMS MAY GOVERN YOUR USE OF THE THIRD PARTY WEBSITE ITSELF. FINDNSAVE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE THIRD PARTY WEBSITES OR ANY SUCH THIRD PARTY TERMS AND DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY IN THIS REGARD.
To make these Terms easier to read, the Site, the Findnsave-branded sections of the third party websites on which our services are featured, our services and App are collectively called the "Services."
Agreement to Terms
By using our Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you don't agree to these Terms, do not use the Services. If you are accessing and using the Services on behalf of a company (such as your employer) or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to these Terms. In that case, "you" and "your" will refer to that company or other legal entity.
Changes to Terms or Services
We may modify the Terms at any time, in our sole discretion. If we do so, we'll let you know either by posting the modified Terms on the Site or through other communications. It's important that you review the Terms whenever we modify them because if you continue to use the Services after we have posted modified Terms on the Site, you are indicating to us that you agree to be bound by the modified Terms. If you don't agree to be bound by the modified Terms, then you can't use the Services anymore. Because our Services are evolving over time we may change or discontinue all or any part of the Services, at any time and without notice, at our sole discretion.
Who May Use the Services
You may use the Services only if you are 13 years or older and are not barred from using the Services under applicable law.
Registration and Your Information
If you want to use certain features of the Services you'll have to create an account ("Account"). You can do this via the Services by following the "Sign Up" instructions or through your account with certain third-party social networking services such as Facebook or Twitter (each, an "SNS Account"). If you choose the SNS Account option we'll create your Account by extracting from your SNS Account certain personal information such as your name and email address and other personal information that your privacy settings on the SNS Account permit us to access.
It's important that you provide us with accurate, complete and up-to-date information for your Account and you agree to update such information, as needed, to keep it accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you don't, we might have to suspend or terminate your Account. You agree that you won't disclose your Account password to anyone and you'll notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account. You're responsible for all activities that occur under your Account, whether or not you know about them.
Using the Services
Via the Services, Account holders can (i) browse, review, save, print, email and share with SNS Accounts products made available by local merchants and (ii) "like", "save" and "follow" categories of products, items, lists, users, and merchants featured on the Services in order to receive customized Content via the Services.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS THE INDIVIDUAL MERCHANTS AND NOT FINDNSAVE WHICH MAKE PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS AND RELATED COUPONS AVAILABLE AND FINDNSAVE DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE AVAILABILITY, PRICE, OR OTHER TERMS OF ANY SUCH PRODUCTS OR COUPONS. THERE MAY ALSO BE MERCHANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS WHICH APPLY TO YOUR USE OF ANY COUPONS. WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO REVIEW ANY SUCH TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING A COUPON. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT FINDNSAVE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY COUPONS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, REDEMPTION THEREOF OR TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO USE OF THE COUPONS AND FINDNSAVE DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY IN THIS REGARD.
We welcome feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to the Services ("Feedback"). You can submit Feedback by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the "Feedback" section of the Services. You grant to us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license under any and all intellectual property rights that you own or control to use, copy, modify, create derivative works based upon and otherwise exploit the Feedback for any purpose.
Content and Content Rights
For purposes of these Terms, "Content" means text, graphics, images, music, software, audio, video, works of authorship of any kind, and information or other materials that are posted, generated, provided or otherwise made available through the Services.
FindnSave and its licensors exclusively own all right, title and interest in and to the Services and Content, including all associated intellectual property rights. You acknowledge that the Services and Content are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States and foreign countries. You agree not to remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Services or Content.
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, FindnSave grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable license to view and print the Content solely in connection with your permitted use of the Services and solely for your personal and non-commercial purposes.
Rights and Terms for Apps
Rights in App Granted by FindnSave
Subject to your compliance with these Terms, FindnSave grants you a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable license to download and install a copy of the App on a mobile device or computer that you own or control and to run such copy of the App solely for your own personal non-commercial purposes. FindnSave reserves all rights in and to the App not expressly granted to you under these Terms.
Additional Terms for App Store Apps
If you download the App through or from any app store or distribution platform (like the Apple App Store or Google Play) where the App is made available (each, an "App Provider"), then you acknowledge and agree that:
- These Terms are concluded between you and FindnSave, and not with the App Provider, and that FindnSave (not the App Provider), is solely responsible for the App.
- The App Provider has no obligation to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App.
- In the event of any failure of the App to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify the App Provider, and the App Provider will refund the purchase price for the App to you (if applicable) and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the App Provider will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App. Any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be the sole responsibility of FindnSave.
- The App Provider is not responsible for addressing any claims you have or any claims of any third party relating to the App or your possession and/or use of the App, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection and/or similar legislation.
- In the event of any third-party claim that the App or your possession and/or use of that App infringes that third party's intellectual property rights, FindnSave will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by these Terms.
- The App Provider and its subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms as related to your license of the App, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of these Terms, the App Provider will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms as related to your license of the App against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof.
- You must also comply with all applicable third-party terms of service when using the App.
- You agree to comply with all U.S. and foreign export laws and regulations to ensure that neither the App nor any technical data related thereto nor any direct f thereof is exported or re-exported directly or indirectly in violation of, or used for any purposes prohibited by, such laws or regulations. By using the App you represent and warrant that: (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a "terrorist supporting" country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
You may not: (i) copy, modify or create derivative works based on the App; (ii) distribute, transfer, sublicense, lease, lend or rent the App to any third party; (iii) reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the App; or (iv) make the functionality of the App available to multiple users through any means.
Sweepstakes and Contests
FindnSave may operate sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions (collectively, "Promotions") through the Services. You should carefully review the rules (e.g., the "Official Rules") of each Promotion in which you participate through the Services, as they may contain additional important information about FindnSave's rights to, and ownership of, the submissions you make as part of the Promotions and as a result of your participation in such Promotions. To the extent that the terms and conditions of any Official Rules conflict with these Terms, the terms and conditions of the Official Rules will control for the applicable Promotion.
You agree not to do any of the following:
- Post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any Content that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party's patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any person or entity; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances.
- Use, display, mirror or frame the Services, or any individual element within the Services, FindnSave's name, any FindnSave trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without FindnSave's express written consent;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Services, FindnSave's computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of FindnSave's providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any FindnSave system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by FindnSave or any of FindnSave's providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Services or Content;
- Attempt to access or search the Services or Content or download Content from the Services through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by FindnSave or other generally available third party web browsers;
- Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation;
- Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a FindnSave trademark, logo URL or product name without FindnSave's express written consent;
- Use the Services or Content for any commercial purpose or the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms;
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Services or Content to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Services or Content;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Services;
- Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Services from other users of the Services without their express permission;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
Although we're not obligated to monitor access to or use of the Services or Content or to review or edit any Content, we have the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Services, to ensure compliance with these Terms, or to comply with applicable law or other legal requirements. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to remove or disable access to any Content, at any time and without notice, including, but not limited to, if we, at our sole discretion, consider any Content to be objectionable or in violation of these Terms. We have the right to investigate violations of these Terms or conduct that affects the Services. We may also consult and cooperate with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who violate the law.
Links to Third Party Websites or Resources
The Services and App may contain links to third-party websites or resources, including as noted above, to third party websites and third party merchants, products, and coupons. We are not responsible for the content, products or services on or available from those websites or resources or links displayed on such sites or resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from, your use of any third-party websites or resources.
We may terminate your access to and use of the Services, at our sole discretion, at any time and without notice to you. You may cancel your Account at any time by sending an email to us at email@example.com. Upon any termination, discontinuation or cancellation of Services or your Account, all provisions of these Terms which by their nature should survive will survive, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, limitations of liability, and dispute resolution provisions.
THE SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. We make no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. We make no warranty regarding the quality, accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness or reliability of any Content.
You will indemnify and hold harmless FindnSave and its parent company, officers, directors, employee and agents, from and against any claims, disputes, demands, liabilities, damages, losses, and costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with (i) your access to or use of the Services, Content merchant coupons or (ii) your violation of these Terms.
Limitation of Liability
NEITHER FINDNSAVE NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SERVICES OR CONTENT WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT FINDNSAVE HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
IN NO EVENT WILL FINDNSAVE'S TOTAL LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES OR CONTENT EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50). THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN FINDNSAVE AND YOU.
Controlling Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any action related to the Services or these Terms will be the state and federal courts located in the Northern District of California and each of the parties hereto waives any objection to jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
These Terms constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between FindnSave and you regarding the Services and Content, and these Terms supersede and replace any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between FindnSave and you regarding the Services and Content. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms invalid or unenforceable, that provision will be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
You may not assign or transfer these Terms, by operation of law or otherwise, without FindnSave's prior written consent. Any attempt by you to assign or transfer these Terms, without such consent, will be null and of no effect. FindnSave may freely assign or transfer these Terms without restriction. Subject to the foregoing, these Terms will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Any notices or other communications provided by FindnSave under these Terms, including those regarding modifications to these Terms, will be given by FindnSave: (i) via email; or (ii) by posting to the Services. For notices made by e-mail, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
FindnSave's failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. The waiver of any such right or provision will be effective only if in writing and signed by a duly authorized representative of FindnSave. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, the exercise by either party of any of its remedies under these Terms will be without prejudice to its other remedies under these Terms or otherwise.
If you have any questions about these Terms or the Services, please contact FindnSave at: FindnSave Inc. 100 Los Gatos-Saratoga Rd., Suite A, Los Gatos, CA 95032, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.